How To Free Up Disk Space After Updating Windows 10
While updating Windows 10 a series of unnecessary temporary files are generated and if you have a large hard drive, then maybe you will not care, but with an SSD the thing changes totally.
Hence, it is convenient to eliminate the ‘residual’ or ‘temporary’ files, when the system itself does not do it, and thus we can save several GBs of our hard disk. However, the fact is that there are several ways to do this, and today here in this article we will tell you how to free up storage space after updating the Windows 10.
Apart from all the methods, the easiest way is the manual procedure and to do so we have to access the path C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution, and from here we can delete the download files manually, or we can completely delete the folder “SharedFileCache”.
Now, as we discussed there are other ways to free internal storage space of our computer after applying the Windows 10 update, and one of them is with the Cleanmgr + program, using Windows Update Clean within the different cleaning tools of the hard disk that the application has.
Read More:How To Fix ‘Invalid Value for Registry’ Error From. Windows 10
How to remove all the unnecessary temporary files that are generated automatically by the Windows Update after an update of the operating system in Windows 10. Again without using third-party applications, it is possible to do so through the System Symbol utility that comes ‘pre-installed’ on any computer with Windows 10 operating system.
- The procedure starts in the taskbar, looking for CMD and open it as administrator.
- Now you will have to type this command “net stop wuauserv” in CMD (without the quotes).
- After the above step, it will simply force the operation of the services related to the operating system updates to be paused.
- Once you have done this, now you will have to execute the command “cd%Windir%SoftwareDistribution” (without the quotes), in such a way that the command console starts working on the route that interests us.
- Then you will have to use the command of/f/s/q Download, which will simply carry out the elimination of the folder with which we have been working on the first option that we mentioned earlier.
- Now you simply have to use the net start wuauserv command again so that the update service will work normally on your computer again.
- That’s is now you are done.